Without any doubt at all, the internet has become the most commonly used source of information. Companies are becoming more and more aware of the benefits to having an online presence. With this comes the importance of a business listing.
Google Places offers companies a quick, easy and free listing. This Google feature produces search results for local businesses that are listed. The marketing benefits of Google Places for any business offer numerous uses for both viewers and listed businesses.
Business information feature
- Post business information: hours, contact details, photos etc
- Customers can print out company coupons and win rewards
- Build a relationship with customers online through posting detailed business information
- Offers a transparent look into the business
- Provides extra products and services information
- Builds a trust with clients; a more solid business relationship
Customised code feature
- Google Places generates a customised code for each business
- Code can be placed on business cards
- Clients scan code into Smartphones
- Client is then directed to company’s Google Places page
- Find out who is searching for your business and how they are doing so
- Find search terms customers are using to locate the business
- Using those search terms in other online features, such as websites, social media, blog, will create traffic
- Find out where customers are coming from based on Google Places search
Despite the fact that your business may already have an online presence and show up on Google, verifying your business listing ensures accurate details of the business location etc. Listing through Google Places is a convenient way of ensuring that your online presence is maintained at all times (even if you don’t have a website.)
Businesses are able to change information at anytime and keep track of how many people have seen and clicked on your business listing.
With Google Places being practical and easy to manage, this listing tool should be an integrated part of all businesses. Whether you understand the importance of having an online presence or not, Google Places will certainly allow customers to interact with your business and further develop their relationship with the company, online. This in- turn will assist in translating this online relationship into an off- line experience.