The iPad 2 embraces the vision, innovation and forward thinking of the company’s late founder and CEO, Steve Jobs. The first iPad introduced the world to the future of the computer and how it will operate. With the iPad2 already on our shelves that future we have all been eagerly anticipating for is indeed already here.
Just under one year ago, Apple shocked the computing world with a 9.7-inch touch-screen tablet that few truly expected. Some called the original Apple iPad a large-format iPhone. Now at only just 0.34 inch thin and weighing as little as 1.33 kilograms with over 55 000 applications at your finger tips, the iPad 2 has rendered all its critics speechless.
The iPad 2 feels completely comfortable in your hands sporting an extra slim design. In fact, the designers say the iPad 2 is an extension of you, the user.
What is the difference between the new ipad2 and the original iPad
If you purchased an iPad, should you be regretting it today? Short answer- yes. Long answer- let’s look at the specs on both tablets. Without paying too much attention, it may appear that these devices look basically the same but there are a number additions to the iPad 2.
First of all, there are a bunch of things that essentially haven’t changed at all between iPad and iPad 2:
- The display is exactly the same as before, as is the resolution: 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- The storage options, 16, 32, and 64GB have not changed
- Wifi will still be 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth will still be 2.1 + EDR
- Accelerometer stays the same at 3-axis
So what’s really improved?
- You’ll be able to get your iPad 2 in black, but you’ll also have the option of a white bezel
- iPad 2’s processor has been improved from a 1GHz Apple A4 to a 1GHz dual-core Apple A5
- The original iPad was either 680g or 730g; the iPad 2 is 613g
- iPad 2 offers a gyroscope where the original iPad did not include one
- The thickness of the entire unit has been reduced by 33% from 13.4mm to 8.8mm
- iPad 2 offers not one but two new cameras. The front camera being a VGA webcam and the back being capable of recording videos (this is a significant step up from having no camera at all)
- iPad 2 also comes with cellular radio
Overall, the iPad2 is a better tablet and the design is an absolute stunner. There have been no drastic complaints from users of the original iPad, however the iPad 2 offers the advancements that we have come to expect from the Apple brand.